Over the years, interest has increased dramatically in programmatic advertising. Different SEO Services have decided that it is time to look a bit closer as digital display advertising is eventually going to surpass paid search ads. It has increased to over $22 billion of banner ads, video, sponsorships, and video to name a few. Many marketers became conscious that clients spend more time online and spending less time using the traditional medium such as newspapers, magazines, and television. More users are spending their time watching YouTube streaming instead of watching TV. Newspapers and magazines have migrated online in the form of blogs. As a result, advertisers and brands are investing in online media in introducing, informing, or re-messaging for their ideal customers. Here is how you too can get on the bandwagon with some basic programmatic advertising. What is Programmatic Advertising? This advertising system is the automatic placement of advertisements. Programmatic advertising is the form of using display banner ads that target ability and simplicity. These ads are in some characteristics the same as PPC but sold on a CPM (Cost per Mile.) Here you pay for every 1,000 views of your advert. However, using this form of display ads may not present you with the desired results. Why not, because your ad may not show up to the correct set of clients you are aiming to target. This results in advertisers needing to talk to the publishers or owners of a website and requesting them to place your ad on their site. Why do you need to do this? You have identified viewers that target your demographics. This becomes a time-consuming task as you need to ask every website publisher’s permission to purchase media space and not very effective. However, there are solutions as you can connect with an advertising network to help negotiate these advert placements. These networks have servers that store these adverts and deliver them into digital platforms such as mobile apps, social media, and web pages. The leader in this form of network is Google as they control over 2 million publishers across their ad network. On the other hand, these advertising methods still limited and this is where programmatic ads come into play with many benefits compared to the conventional Google Display network. What you need to know about Programmatic Ads
- Programmatic Media Buy – the easiest way of thinking about these display banner ads is similar to cost per click ads as you select certain important keywords to trigger your advertising,
- Vital Jargon you should know – one is DSP (Demand Side Platform) it is software used by agencies and advertisers to purchase media placements automatically as it becomes available from publishers. The other jargon word is SSP (Supply Side Platform) this helps a publisher to sell the digital advertising brands and impressions that become available.
- The DMP – this is the tool known as Data Management Platform to simplify the process of website publishers selling their available inventory and media placement purchases pulling it all together in real time.
- Content users have read in the past
- Websites’ visited by viewers
- Clients location and device used
- And demographic information